*New: Now you can add Loadshedding Schedule to your Google Calendar! Add from the calendar below or goto http://bit.ly/LS_GrpN (replace N with your Group no.)
- For areas west of Lamahi load-shedding schedule will be published at local level.
- For areas east of Lahan load-shedding schedule will be published at local level.
- There are separate load-shedding schedules for industrial feeders.
- Depending upon the condition, load-shedding hours could increase/decrease.
- Hetauda-Birgunj 66KV industrial feeders: Everyday 18:00 to 06:00 next morning
- 11KV supply industrial feeders: Everyday 18:00 to 06:00 next morning
- Industrial feeders with 33KV supply: Everyday 06:00 to 18:00
- Hetauda Cement, Shivam Cement and Everest Paper Mill : Everyday 19:00 to 07:00 next day
- Nepal Government industrial areas: Everyday 18:00 to 05:00 next day
Official load shedding notice published by Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) (in Nepali)
Audio Notice Board
You can also dial at following numbers for Audio Notice Board for load shedding.
Note: It might cost you some talk time.
(Audio notice in Nepali Language only)
Also Follow @PowerCutAlert on Twitter for Power Outage Alerts approx 30mins prior to schedule (Beta)
Load shedding Calendar (Google Calendar)
- No Electricity for print out - No problem
- Think Green, why waste trees
Add the schedule to your Google calendar, get notifications for load-sheddings on your email or smart phones,handheld devices or SMS notifications to any mobile phones - all for FREE.
Total Available Energy, Annual Power Demand and Peak Load Demand
Data: NEA Annual Report 2011, A Year in Review - FY2012/13, Annual Report 2014
*Annual Total Power Demand approximated from Peak Load Demand x empirical co-efficient
Total power generated, in Nepal, from all resources amounts to 787MW (bulk purchase from India not included), whereas the peak load demand for year 2014/15 is estimated to stand at 1,426.4MW. aba ke garne ???
Note: Some browsers might not handle this chart correctly, please use alternative browsers.
Average weekly loadshedding hours - trend in Nepal
Unannounced "zero loadshedding hours" are not reflected in this graph.
(Hover cursor over graph for details)
Rainfall and Load shedding trend More on Rainfall in Kathmandu >>