Saturday, July 7, 2012
Kathmandu Rainfall Watch
(updated daily at approx 18:00 NPT)
View Rainfall Data for Kathmandu this month in tabular format
Monthly Rainfall trend and number of wet days
Past 30 years Annual & Monthly rainfall pattern
What is the wettest month in Kathmandu?
- July (average monthly rainfall is 356.5mm with 22 wet days)
What is the driest month in Kathmandu?
- November (average 8mm of rainfall with just 1 wet day)
What is the maximum 24 hours rainfall received in Kathmandu and when?
- 177mm in July 23, 2002
What is the maximum monthly rainfall in Kathmandu and when?
- 591.5mm in July 2003
What is average annual rainfall?
Which is the wettest year?
- 2002 (total annual 1871mm of rain)
Which is the driest year?
- 1991 (total annual 1068mm of rain)
What is average number of wet days in a year?
- 104 days (with 24 hour precipitation > 0.1mm of rain)
Is there any relation between weather / rainfall amount and load shedding in Nepal?
- Yes! Because most of the hydel projects in Nepal are based on Run-Off-River (ROR) type amount of precipitation highly influences power generation. Lesser rainfall yields longer load shedding hours in cold and dry season (winter - spring time). Note: load shedding pattern based on past 5 years data.
For more information on load shedding >> Click here
data: Meteorological Forecasting Division, Department of Hydrology and Meteorology, World Meteorological Organization, yalamandu.com
Month-wise weather trends in recent years:
For more on Kathmandu Weather >> Click here
Weather Forecast for next 48 hours
Nepal Flood Watch